The aim of the project is to develop clean technology of biodegradable thermostable packaging based on the gel-formimg components of protein-polysaccharide nature. Such packaging can be used for serving hot and cold food products, warming up in a microwave oven, storing the olive-like and alcohol-containing products, as a containers for cooling or freezing, baking form, etc. The recipe of the packaging allows you not only to preserve the natural taste of the product but also to provide an additional flavoring properties - sweet, sour or other flavors (e.g. for beverages), in addition it is possible to enrich the product with biologically active compounds (mineral substances, vitamins, etc.). The possibility of providing additional organoleptic properties and increasing the biological value is feasible at the expense of the naturally flavored and biologically active substances that are part of the container.
The development of the technology of environmentally friendly biodegradable packaging allows to significantly improving the environment by reducing the use of harmful plastic containers that do not decompose in the soil in normal conditions which leads to environmental pollution. Also, the use of the eco-friendly containers allows receiving a new original packaging for food products.
Problems solved by the project
Annually there is a large number of disposable plastic containers, packages and other plastic products being produced worldwide which leads to the pollution of the environment. Plastic has a very high resistance to decay and has little environmental effect. The period of its decomposition is in the range of 300 to 1000 years and more, when the plastic waste is burned the toxic substances are emitted. Plastic contaminates pollute water and soil, it is a source of different diseases and it is a cause of the death of a huge number of animals, including rare endangered species.
Therefore, the development of technology of environmentally friendly biodegradable packaging is actual and timely task.
34% - Catering establishments, food delivery
25% - gas stations, airlines, railways
20% - Retail
11% - Catering
10% - Vending companies
- Environmentally friendly - the aforementioned packaging is quickly decomposing at the expense of food ingredients that are part of their composition;
- Naturalness - the recipe of the packaging provides the usage of natural raw materials of plants and animals origin only;
- Originality of the properties - the recipe of the container not only allows preserving the natural taste of a food products but also providing additional flavor properties of the the consumer choice (sweet, sour or other flavors). It is also possible to enrich it with biologically active compounds (mineral substances, vitamins, etc.) The possibility of providing additional organoleptic properties and increasing the biological value is feasible at the expense of the naturally flavored and biologically active substances that are part of the container.
- Thermal stability - ability of withstanding the temperature of the food products up to 100°C without their taste degradation, deformation of the container's shape or changes in its composition;
- Ease of manufacturing - the industrial process of the packaging is not complex, development of specialized equipment is not required, the technological parameters can be provided with the help of existing equipment for packaging production;
- Usability - the packaging can be used in the same way as regular plastic with its subsequent utilization;
- Low cost - the components of the packaging are accessible, affordable, no waste is expected.